Available to Primary Member and Dependents
Most of us travel without knowing where to turn during a medical emergency away from home. But Assist America provides you with peace of mind for worry-free travel, knowing you are protected by an array of powerful assistance resources 24-7, anywhere in the world.
The following benefits are available to Association Members at no additional cost when traveling 100 or more miles from home:
- Medical Consultation — Calls to Assist America are evaluated by medical staff and referred to English-speaking doctors and/or hospitals.
- Hospital Admission Assistance — Assist America will assist with hospital admission outside the United States by validating a member’s health coverage or advancing funds to the hospital.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation — Assist America will utilize whatever mode of transport, equipment and medical personnel necessary to evacuate you to the nearest facility capable of providing a high standard of care.
- Medical Repatriation — If a member still requires medical assistance upon being discharged from a hospital, Assist America will repatriate him/her home or to a rehabilitation facility with a medical or non-medical escort, as necessary.
- Prescription Assistance — If a member needs a replacement prescription while traveling, Assist America will help in filling that prescription.
- Compassionate Visit — If a member is traveling alone and will be hospitalized for more than seven days, Assist America will provide economy, round-trip, common carrier transportation to the place of hospitalization for a designated family member of a friend.
- Care of Minor Children — Assist America will arrange for the care of children left unattended as a result of a medical emergency and pay for any transportation costs involved in such arrangements.
Call Assist America in the event of an emergency. All services must be arranged and provided by Assist America. No claims for reimbursement will be accepted.
Many other services are available, including emergency trauma counseling, legal referrals, return of mortal remains and much more.
All Assist America services are subject to certain restrictions and are outlined in detail in the Assist America Medical Transport Summary (which supersedes all prior Assist America/Care by Air information). The above information is a partial explanation of these services, offered at the sole discretion of Alliance. Alliance reserves the right to withdraw or change this offer without notice.
All services must be arranged and provided by Assist America. No claims for reimbursement of assistance services will be accepted.
NOTE: Benefits are updated periodically and Members should check the member-only area of the web site (member.AIndependentA.org) or call Member Services at 1-888-861-4242 for the latest information. Benefit availability dependent upon Membership level and state of residence and may be subject to change. The benefits explained herein are offered at the sole discretion of AIA. If you have a question regarding benefit availability and details, please call Member Services at 1-888-861-4242.